Yankee Candle Burning Tips
All Candle Styles
- Remove all packaging before you light the candle.
- Trim the wick to 1/4" before lighting, and keep trimmed at all times while burning.
- Always use an appropriate holder placed on a protected, heat-resistant surface.
- Keep wax pool free of wick trimmings, matches or any foreign matter - this is combustible material and may cause a fire hazard.
- Burn candles indoors, away from drafts, other heat sources, and any flammable objects or materials.
- If smoking occurs, blow out candle, trim wick, remove trimmings and relight.
- Keep burning candles within sight at all times.
- Handle with care; glass containers are fragile. Avoid glass to glass contact when removing or replacing the lid. Do not use if cracked, chipped or scratched. Do not refill with wax.
- Do not allow the flame to touch the side of the jar. The jar may become hot. Handle carefully.
- To minimize wax left on the sides of the jar, burn 3 hours at a time; it is normal for some wax to be left, the amount varying per colour, fragrance and burning conditions.
- Prevent possible heat damage to the counter/surface by discontinuing use when 1/2" of wax remains.
- Extinguish carefully before replacing the lid.
- Place one or more Tarts® in a Tart® burner and light the unscented Tea Light beneath. We recommend using Tart® Warmers which will burn with a low controlled flame.
- To change fragrances; harden the wax in a freezer and pop it out into the palm of your hand.
- Electronic Tart® Burners are not recommended they may overheat the wax. Use a well ventilated candle lit Tart Burner without a lid. The Burner should have at least a 2" top opening.
Candles are sensitive to light and temperature, so be careful when storing them for any extended period of time. Avoid colour fading, melting or cracking by storing candles in a cool dry place away from direct sunlight or fluorescent light. Storage temperature should not be allowed to exceed 27oC or fall below 0oC. Exposure to moisture may inhibit relighting.
Should the mouth of a jar candle become blackened while burning simply extinguish the candle, allow to cool and carefully wipe the jar with a dry paper towel. To avoid such blackening keep the wick trimmed to 1/4" at all times.
CLEANING SPILLED WAX FROM TABLETOPS, FABRICS, ETC.
We strongly suggest you seek professional advice from cleaning experts such as carpet cleaners or furniture refinishers.
- Large Classic Housewarmer Jar 110-150 hours
- Large 2 wick Tumbler, 70-90 hours
- Medium Classic Housewarmer Jar 65-90 hours
- Medium 2 wick Tumbler 40-50 hours
- Regular Tumbler 35-50 hours
- Small Classic Housewarmer Jar 25-40 hours
- Small Pillar 2.4" x 3.3" x 4" (6cm x 8.4cm x 10.16cm), 45-60 hours
- Large Pillar 2.4" x 3.3" x 6" (6cm x 8.4cm x 15.2cm), 65-80 hours
Samplers® Votive Candles
- up to 15 hours in an appropriate holder
Scented Tea Lights
- up to 6 hours each
Tarts® Wax Potpourri
- Approx 8 hours each